Pages

Monday, May 9, 2016

Growing Up

Our little Anna recently had a birthday. Would have loved to have been with her to celebrate, but distance is no friend to families. We did get a few minutes of facetime with her, though. She proudly told us that now she is four. Four already! I had the awesome privilege of being in the birthing room when she was born and helping her mommy through labor. So glad Elizabeth wanted me to experience that with her. Truly miraculous! What a joy to watch a new little creation being born! We are praying that Anna seeks God early, and that He draws her to Himself.

This photo was taken when Anna and big brother Elijah stayed with us for several days. We had lots of fun trying to get as much packed into those days as we possibly could! Exhausting fun! But then the house turns oh-so-quiet....much too quiet. Until next time.

I made the dress for her while she was here. She picked out the fabric from my stash in the sewing room, and she wanted pockets. A memory dress for her, I hope. It ties at the shoulders, so she should be able to wear it for awhile as she gets taller. Elijah thinks she looks nice in it. I do, too!

If you have grandchildren nearby, you are truly blessed. My sister was telling me a couple of days ago about going to watch her grandson play baseball and cheering him on. "Nanny, can you come and watch me again?"  Ahhhh...what joy some of you have to watch your grandchildren doing their special things and encouraging them on. I hope you relish the time together.
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...