Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

The Front Porch ~ A Place to Welcome Neighbors

I had posted a few months back that when we moved to our new home near my parents, I wanted a welcoming front porch to sit on and greet neighbors as they passed by. It's a much smaller porch than what I had dreamed of, and there are still some things I'd like to add to it, such as another chair, but here are some photos of what we've accomplished in the past month or so.

(I'm not very good at photography -- it's actually more welcoming than it looks.)





Ours is a walking neighborhood, and we've met several very friendly people who stop and chat a bit along their way. Someone even stopped his truck a few days ago when we were on the porch and came up to welcome us to the neighborhood.

I can walk our neighborhood in about a half hour or so if I don't happen upon someone to stop and talk with. Yesterday I was given a tour of lovely garden areas as I passed a neighbor working in her yard. It's my desire to live out and promote the gospel in our new neighborhood, and looking for opportunities as I walk has been a blessing. I know neighborhoods such as this are not common place, and I am thankful for God's gracious gift to us.


This little guy greets folks as they arrive or pass by. Love those eyes!
He's also an extra seat for a short little person.  
Looking forward to the grands coming for a visit!



.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...