Pages

Monday, May 30, 2016

True Light

https://pixabay.com/en/sky-clouds-sunlight-dark-690293/
Doing some homework this morning from a Bible class and being reminded why so many people have lost their way in common sense and decency. And, sadly, who further degrade themselves into perversion and don't even realize it. They have been blinded by the god of this world.  "...the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God" (2 Corinthians 4:4).

My take away from my study this morning--

I need to let the light of the gospel shine in my own life so others might see and glorify God the Father (Matthew 5:16). The gospel is their only hope out of debauchery. To do this, I must "walk in the light as He is in the light" (1 John 1:7). Jesus has said, "I am the Light of the world; he who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the Light of life" (John 8:12).

That light is found in the gospel of Jesus Christ, and I find this gospel in the Holy Scriptures. By meditating on God's Word, the gospel can permeate my life, so that others might see the gospel lived out. And so that the god of this world cannot blind my own mind as well. For sometimes we are willfully ignorant.

Photo ~ via Pixabay CC0 Creative Commoms
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...