Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

God's Faithful Care

For the past few days I've been especially reminded why we chose to move here. I've been with my mother as she's been in and out of the hospital again, helping with things that come as a result. Taking her to the doctor again tomorrow.

I am sometimes discouraged (as I know she is as well), but then God reminds me that I am an instrument in His hands as He cares for my mother. And as a friend commented to me recently, I am also gaining much from this season myself. I haven't been ill very often throughout my life, and the familiarity with doctors and processes that I'm experiencing now will benefit me and calm fears that may lie ahead of me. It's helping me to understand how it is to grow old, for I may be 86 some day myself.

In His faithful care, God is taking care of Mom. But also in His faithful care, He continues to show me my own heart. Some of it I don't like. There are moments when I struggle with self-focus, both hers and mine. I want to walk in a manner worthy of God's calling, but it's only by His strength that I can do so. So I ask Him to help me respond appropriately, to do what needs to be done, and to have wisdom and joy in doing it. That He may be glorified, and His loving care be made known.

We are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, 
which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
Ephesians 2:10
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...