Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Walking Peacefully

I'm re-reading a book that I need right now Overcoming Fear, Worry, and Anxiety by Elyse Fitzpatrick. I have several of her books, and I recommend her writings to you. These are troubling times, yet a time filled with hope and expectation. I'm reminding myself to trust God in the midst of it all, as He works for our good and for His glory.

Why does God delight in helping us to become trusting children, filled with peace and confidence, children who lean on His strength? Because when He changes hearts like ours into hearts like His, He receives praise and glory. When we discover that we're able to walk peacefully through conditions that formerly terrified us, our hearts will overflow with gratitude and thanksgiving and that brings joy to God. Only He can change hearts that are frequently overwhelmed by fear into hearts that are overshadowed by His power and bravery, and it's His delight to do so.
~ Elyse Fitzpatrick
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...