Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2017

Open the Alabaster Box

The death of another celebrity today. I recall seeing her on television when I was a teenager. She didn't impact me as she apparently did some others, but there are glowing words of how much she was admired and appreciated.

I'm at the age now where I read the obituaries most days, hoping not to see anyone's name that I know. Many of those whose circle of influence has a much smaller radius than this celebrity also have glowing words following them to their graves. Words that would bring a smile and brighten their day if they knew. I do hope they knew while they were living.

So it's a reminder to myself not to keep affections and affirmations in an alabaster box until those I care about can neither hear nor read of them. I want to brighten their todays, as a dear friend did for me some years back. She gave me this beautiful box with a sweet sentiment written underneath the cover. A treasure to me as valuable as alabaster.

Today may be that last day of opportunity. Open the alabaster box.
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...