Pages

Saturday, February 4, 2017

From the Sewing Room ~ Striped Table Runner


Showing a table runner that I made from scraps left from another project. I also save any left over batting that would be long and wide enough for a table runner, so this is a simple project for very little cost.



I just cut varying width strips and sewed them together with 1/4-inch seam, alternating white with color. Some of them I wanted really narrow, so I took a deeper seam on some of the strips, which also made them easier to work with. Then I trimmed those seams to 1/4 inch and ironed all of the seams in the same direction. With so many seams, ironing in the same direction helps the runner to lay flatter. Colors are basically aqua/teal and white. Backing is white, and it's also bound in white to keep the stripes accented.


I simply stitched in the ditch, again to accent the stripes, and called it finished. I hand quilted this table runner because hand stitching is relaxing for me in the evenings, but machine stitching in the ditch would make it much faster. With hand quilting, though, I can sit and stitch and enjoy being near my Beloved as a bonus.  :-)


.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...