Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2017

Weekend Daybook


Outside My Window...
A beautiful sunny day with a few neighbors out walking in the cool brisk air.

Noticing the sound of...
Lawn mowing. Time to get back to the lawns here in the south. Well, 'tis better than the 22 inches of snow they're having up north! 

A Peek Into My Week...
Did a little shopping yesterday at Hobby Lobby (one of my favorite places for home decor) and found this for the kitchen. It's now my daily reminder. 













I hope to...
Get involved in discipling a younger woman soon. I think the Titus 2 principle is essential.

Learning (still)...
That God's desire for me is to glorify Him in all that I do (whatever that may be), to be obedient to His Word, and to enjoy having Him in my life because of who He is. When I compare what I may be doing with those that I feel are doing a work that seems to be of much more significance than my own, I can begin to feel very insignificant in the grand scheme of things. That is how I felt for a day or so this week after listening to a couple of former Muslim ladies who are now believers in Jesus Christ, and who are, in my estimation, ranking pretty close to the Apostle Paul. They are doing grand and glorious things among the Muslim people. To God be the glory! Reminding myself that no one is insignificant to God.

Pondering...
Habbakuk's prayer, as I prepare for tomorrow's SS class.
     
Lord, I have heard of your fame;
     I stand in awe of your deeds, O Lord.
Renew them in our day,
     in our time make them known;
     in wrath remember mercy.
           (from Chapter 3)

Yes, Lord. Make your deeds known, and, please, have mercy on America.

In the Kitchen...
Cleaned out the fridge this morning, making ready for bringing in groceries on Monday.
 
Around the house...
Been wanting something by the stairs in the foyer. Found it yesterday at Hobby Lobby. I added the flowers to make it a bit more cheery.
















Thankful For...
Hobby Lobby sales and coupons ;-) 
 
Thinking...
About our conversation with our daughter this afternoon. My Beloved and I get on extensions so we can talk with her together. Don't get to see her often, but it's nice to hear her voice.

Re-Reading...
Pilgrim's Progress
Updated text with notes by Warren Wiersbe
https://www.amazon.com/dp/092923913X/?tag=googhydr-20&hvadid=175864423350&hvpos=1t1&hvnetw=s&hvrand=17363837920121361871&hvpone=11.08&hvptwo=15&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9012723&hvtargid=kwd-6824654681&ref=pd_sl_3y474y2t7k_b
https://graceandtruthbooks.com/product/the-pilgrims-progress-1891-edition-with-170-illustrations/ 

I think I'd like to get the 1891 historical reprint gift edition also. It's cloth cover with 170 illustrations. It's available from Grace and Truth Books. Click on the image for a more detailed description.


I do hope you're a pilgrim making good progress yourself. Keep looking heavenward and homeward.



.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...