Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2017

Weekend Daybook

http://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/2010716200/


Changing from linking with the previous daybook site to just doing my own. The previous site required strict adherence to specific lead-ins, and I wanted to change it up every now and then. So, not linking there any longer, but I do want to continue the Daybook postings for my own journaling. Still, simple thoughts from a simple woman.


Around the house... 
Got family photos and momentos back into the curio cabinet. Had my Christmas Village there for the holidays, and took awhile to get things tucked back in after the Village was stored away. I should call it our momentos cabinet. A brief peek at the top shelf...


  

One of our wedding photos. Wedding pearls from My Beloved.
Pin and ring were from dating days. The ring is heart-shaped with our birthstones.

We've had the older porcelain couple for probably 40 years or more
We'll soon be there!


The pink vase was a wedding shower gift. I still remember the flowers that were in it.
Love birds were a gift from My Beloved.  


My mother in the foreground (both photos). My grandmother behind her. 

My great grandmother in the passenger's seat of the car.
My grandmother on the far left.  Her sister beside her. Others are friends.


Thankful...
That my mother's TIAs have lessened after several this week, and for her tenacious doctor who keeps searching for answers.


Noticing the sound of...
My parents' phone ringing off the hook. Their number was spoofed today, and people are returning calls to the number they saw on their own caller ID. It's very annoying listening to the phone ringing from dozens and dozen of calls. And that's just today. My Beloved saw online that some people receive hundreds of such calls because their phone number was spoofed. My parents aren't answering the phone,  and it's sad that most who are leaving call back messages sound like older people who think the original call was legitimate. Only one person seemed upset about the call, whatever the original message was.

From the Kitchen...
Made some lentil soup today and took some to my parents.

Outside My Window...
Some of the bushes want to bloom, and it's just mid-February. Haven't become accustomed yet to the warmer weather here in the south, but this still seems rather early for blooming.

Thinking...
That it's been a week since I posted last. So much happening with my mother these past few days.


I hope to...
Open an Etsy shop for little girl dresses, probably several months down the road. I have soooo much fabric in my stash from quilt making, and I'd like to reclaim some of the money that I have invested in it. I made clothing for my own little girls when they were little, so it's sort of a revival of an interest for me. I enjoy working with fabric, and having a finished project much quicker than with quilt making is rather nice. I do have a few baby quilts that I plan to offer as well. So, we'll see. 


Learning...
To insert piping for a decorative touch in little girl dresses. Reviewing and stretching my skills. Watching tutorials from Sewing with Lindsay, who has a boutique children's pattern company, and is the author of Sew Classic Clothes for Girls
http://thecottagemama.com/about/


Pondering...
A portion of Joel 2:12-14 as I prepare for tomorrow's SS class. It gives me a glimpse of my God.
 
“Yet even now,” declares the Lord,
“Return to Me with all your heart,
And with fasting, weeping and mourning;  
And rend your heart and not your garments.”
 
Now return to the Lord your God,
For He is gracious and compassionate,
Slow to anger, abounding in lovingkindness
And relenting of evil.
Who knows whether He will not turn and relent
And leave a blessing behind Him
 
Praying that He may have pity on America. Who knows?

Reading...
Verses of Virtue
The Poetry and Prose of Christian Womanhood

A brief excerpt:
The virtuous woman is a daughter of destiny. She thinks multi-generationally. She walks by faith in the light of the promises of God. These promises spur her on to live courageously and without compromise. 

Keep looking upward and homeward, dear one. 
 PS--Formatting on this post has a mind of its own today. Can't get it uniform.

First Image ~ Charles Dana Gibson c1900, Library of Congress 

.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...