Pages

Friday, May 5, 2017

From the Sewing Room ~ Anna's Dress

I haven't been in the sewing room much lately, but I did make our little Anna a special springtime dress. She wore it when we went to do a little shopping. I was looking for some flowers, and she chose some to take home to her mommy, too. She is a delightful little shopper, and I so much enjoy our times out together.

The dress is the same style I've been making for the other dresses for my maybe-someday-Etsy-shop, but I know Anna especially likes princessy dresses, so I added a chiffon overlay to the skirt. The fabric is actually a piece that I've had for many years. I had purchased it to make her mommy a skirt back when she was in college, but didn't get to it. She had picked out the fabric with scattered tulips back then, so I thought it would be extra special to use it for Anna's dress.


I added lace to the chiffon hem, added a dotted pink waistband and matching piping at the neck. The bodice is lined, and the back closure is matching pink dot loops for little white flower buttons.




I hope you've had the opportunity to enjoy your creative side a bit lately.... or have enjoyed some special moments with your grandchildren. Grandparents are truly blessed!

Grandchildren are the crown of the aged.
Proverbs 17:6
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...