Pages

Monday, May 15, 2017

Maybe You're Doing More Than You Realize

https://www.amazon.com/Life-God-Rewards-Everything-Matters/dp/1576739767A friend recently gave me the book A Life God Rewards: Why Everything You Do Today Matters Forever by Bruce Wilkinson. It has truly given me more understanding of rewards when I will one day enter into eternal life with Jesus. It has enhanced my desire to serve Him more while I am still on earth, as I lay up more treasure in Heaven. And it has given me a broader perspective on why I do whatever I do today and tomorrow.

So thankful for friends who nudge me Homeward.

Sharing a brief excerpt with you today with some encouraging points.


Maybe you're doing more of eternal value than you realize. So what would a portrait of a life God rewards look like? 

We see a vivid picture of the life God rewards in the teachings of Jesus and in the rest of the New Testament. 

1.  God will reward you for seeking Him through spiritual acts such as fasting and praying (Matthew 6:6; Hebrews 11:6).

2.  God will reward you for submitting to your employer as a faithful steward (Matthew 24:45-47; Ephesians 6:8; Colossians 3:22-24).

3.  God will reward you for self-denial in His service (Matthew 16:24-27).

4.  God will reward you for serving those in need in His name (Mark 9:41).

5.  God will reward you for suffering for His name and reputation (Luke 6:22-23).

6.  God will reward you for sacrifices you make for Him (Luke 6:35). In fact, Jesus said that every person who sacrifices to follow Him will be rewarded a hundredfold (Matthew 19:29).

7.  God will reward you for sharing of your time, talent, and treasure to further His kingdom (Matthew 6:3-4; 1 Timothy 6:18-19).

Don't wait for your heart to move on its own, my friend, because it might never happen. Instead, apply what you've learned from the words of Jesus. Begin to move your treasure today to what matters in heaven... and your heart will follow.
And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him (Hebrews 11:6).
--------
I do hope that you are heaven bound, dear one. That you will one day see Him face to face, and that you will receive rewards that are eternal. I do hope to see you there as we travel Homeward.

.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...