Pages

Saturday, May 27, 2017

Weekend Daybook


Outside My Window...
From our house we can turn left and head into the city; turn right and head into the country. This scene is about a mile down the road. I do enjoy the views here. The mountains remind me of our former home state, West Virginia. It's especially beautiful there in the spring as green grows greener and flowers burst forth in color. Different from here in the south where seasons seem just to flow into one another.

Noticing the sound of...
Music for Concentration on Spotify. Listening to someone's playlist. Soothing.

From the Sewing Room...
My latest little dress

I hope to...
Finish a simple dress today for a mission endeavor.

Learning... 
That needle turn applique just isn't in me to learn how to do. I've been practicing on quilt blocks for Anna, but decided to do a different technique with the latest block. Much easier for me. Just a couple more leaves and flower centers and I'll be finished with this one.













Pondering...
Our hope is in God, not a national leader. Too many have their hopes and their fears misplaced and are living a stressful life.

In the Kitchen...
Made a new-to-me recipe this week. Navy bean and ham soup. Sharing the recipe.

Saute 1 cup sliced carrots, 2 stalks sliced celery, 1/2 cup diced onions. Add 1 clove minced garlic and 1 cup or so of diced ham, continuing to cook another minute or so. Add 3 cups chicken broth, 1 bay leaf, and 2 cans of rinsed and drained navy beans. Salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for about 1.5 hours or so. Remove bay leaf and blend soup in a blender. Return soup to pan and add 2 more cans of rinsed and drained navy beans. Simmer a little longer until heated through.

Around the house...
Hung the flag outside for Memorial Day.
  
Thinking...
That politics seem rather crazy these days. I say "seem" because I believe that God is at work in our nation as a result of His love and grace and the prayers of His people. He may not be working as we would do it, but He is at work nevertheless, even if it scares us out of our wits.

Thankful...
That the current administration is not promoting immorality and antagonism toward Christians as our past administration and wanna-be's have done.

Brought a smile...
Overheard a little girl and her grandfather as I was grocery shopping this week. Such sweet talk between them. I commented to the grandpa that he is truly blessed. He responded that she is the best thing that ever happened to him. Truly blessed.

Reading...
Finished slowly reading and pondering Paul David Tripp's book, Awe: Why It Matters For Everything We Think, Say, and Do. It has opened my eyes a bit further into my own heart. Some of the glimpses have not been pretty, but it takes seeing ourselves to motivate change. I've posted a couple of brief excerpts here. You can also read the first chapter by clicking on the book's image.

https://www.paultripp.com/awe


.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...