Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Today I reflect on simple thoughts and simple pleasures. My leads are somewhat similar to others in The Simple Woman's Daybook group, yet a bit different as well.

A picture to share...  
My quiet place in the bedroom where I'm posting today.
 
Outside my window...
Click here to go there
trees asleep on the hillside not far away, soaking up the drizzly rain, awaiting the spring. 

Noticing the sound of...
gently falling rain and cheerful, singing birds. 

Thankful for...
my husband who is going to put up a shelf for me today so I can watch Quieting a Noisy Soul DVDs while I exercise on the treadmill. The idea is to watch each 30-minute presentation every day for 5 days. It's a 24-week program. Looking forward to getting started! 

Looking to the ways of my household...

It might seem like a small thing, but it sure de-cluttered and simplified a storage area--I received a couple of scarf hangers this week that I had ordered from Organizeit.com. Each hanger has ten 1-inch holes. Ahhh! Now my scarves are at my fingertips! No more digging around. They'll hang in my coat closet. To order one yourself, just click on the picture. 




This coming week I hope to... 
finish the baby quilt that I've been stuck on, trying to decide what quilting design to use. A quilting friend gave me an idea that I think I'll go with. Will show you the final picture soon. (I hope!)

Thinking...
that I'm so happy to have dropped below a benchmark in my weight! Now for another five pounds and a new summer skirt! 

From the kitchen....
Sharing a delicious salmon recipe I tried this week. My Beloved says it's restaurant-grade. I cut the recipe in half for the two of us.
 

Parmesan-Baked Salmon
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 tbsp graded Parmesan cheese
1/8 tsp ground red pepper (cayenne)
4 salmon fillets (1 lb, skin removed)
2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 cup Ritz cracker crumbs

Preheat oven to 400*F. Mix mayo, cheese and pepper until well blended; set aside.
Place salmon on foil-lined shallow baking pan. Drizzle evenly with lemon juice. Top with cheese mixture; spread to evenly cover salmon. Sprinkle with cracker crumb.
Bake 12-15 min. or until salmon flakes easily with fork.
Makes 4 servings.  From Food & Family, Winter 2007 

Currently reading.... 
Finishing Has Christianity Failed You? by Ravi Zacharias (reading slowly and pondering). It's a book I'd like pass along to a young friend of ours who, in her intellectual pursuits, has decided that believing in God is irrational since she can't wrap her mortal mind around Him. I have a sense, however, that her decision is borne more out of a grave disappointment in God in not meeting her expectations of what she thinks He should be like. We mortals tend to be like that.

A thought from my Quiet Time.... 
"... so that you will walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God (Colossians 1:10). This is my desire for the coming year as I'm learning that I don't always think correctly about who God really is. Result: a noisy soul that I want Him to calm. I think that would be another aspect of pleasing to Him, bearing fruit in the process.  

Reflecting creativity, in His image…
Pulled together some things from home to take to our church's Book Nook for a Christian American Heritage look. Tweaked it during the week, and now it's all ready for February browsing. I enjoy this ministry of providing resources for strengthening faith, family, and evangelism. 

I'm learning....
to use EQ6--quilt design software. I'm taking a course online at Quilt University. They have lots of different types of quilting classes that last from 4-6 weeks. New classes open every weekend from January through October. Check it out here.






You may also enjoy reading what other simple women are saying and doing these days. Just click here to go to The Simple Woman's Daybook site. I'll be posting my journal on Saturdays. Do stop by again.
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...