Pages

Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Today I reflect on simple thoughts and simple pleasures. My leads are somewhat similar to others in The Simple Woman's Daybook group, yet a bit different as well.
 

 A picture to share... 
Americana on the kitchen mantle
Happy Birthday, Abraham Lincoln 

Click here to go there
Outside my window...
A cat slinking around the house on the way to the bird feeders. Opened the window and shooed it away.

Noticing the sound of...
Simmering soup

Thankful for...
Daughters and sons-in-law who want us to visit them.

Looking to the ways of my household...

The quiet rhythm of routine this week 

This coming week I hope to...
 
finish the baby quilt and get to see my hurting friend again. We share quilting as a common interest, so it's an opportunity to stop in and see her.

Thinking...
Today is Abraham Lincoln's birthday. I wonder why he didn't free the slaves in the northern states with the Emancipation Proclamation.

From the kitchen....
Macaroni Bean Soup. Another new recipe. Not sure if it's a keeper since I didn't have yellow squash to put in it and substituted with corn. It also calls for a teaspoon of lemon juice. Somehow that doesn't sound much like a soup ingredient to me. Left it out.

A thought from my Quiet Time.... 
I've been thinking on Ephesians 5:15 throughout the week--Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wisemaking the most of your time, because the days are evilSo then do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is. We are given only 24 hours in a day. It's the wise woman who makes the most of the time that she has. I want to understand the will of the Lord as He guides through my days to use my time in ways that have eternal value in view.

Reflecting creativity, in His image…
I (sort of) designed a quilt in EQ6 this week. One more week of class. I wonder if the teacher will show us how to actually get it from the computer to fabric.

I'm learning....
that I have a tendency toward unbelief. I'll be posting more about that in a day or so.

Currently reading...
In God We Still Trust by Dr. Richard G. Lee
This is a booklet that is informative as well as inspirational. It has quotes and such from great Americans throughout history that tell of the Christian foundations of our country. An excerpt from Abraham Lincoln's Proclamation Appointing A National Fast Day:

"And whereas it is the duty of nations as well as of men, to own their dependence upon the overruling power of God, to confess their sins and transgressions, in humble sorrow, yet with assured hope that genuine repentance will lead to mercy and pardon; and to recognize the sublime truth, announced in the Holy Scriptures and proven by all history, that those nations only are blessed whose God is the Lord."

You may also enjoy reading what other simple women are saying and doing these days. Just click here to go to The Simple Woman's Daybook site. I'll be posting my journal on Saturdays. Do stop by again.
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...