Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Sunlight in the Spirit

Morning Sunlight Through My Bedroom Window
This is the message we have heard from Him and announce to you,
that God is Light, and in Him there is no darkness at all.

1 John 1:5
Isn't it amazing what sunshine does to the spirit? I can't even imagine what it might be like in heaven with the light of God's glory shining all the time!

I missed part of the early morning light this morning, though. One of the shades in the front bedroom broke, so we replaced the shades yesterday with blinds and moved the shade from the other window to our bedroom since one of our shades had torn. I had intended to get up a little earlier this morning since I have a class to teach this afternoon and wanted to get as much into the morning as possible. I usually just wake up at about the same time each morning, but when My Beloved awoke me this morning, however, it was an hour later than I'd planned. The shade we put in our bedroom was room-darkening. Ugh! There's not much worse to me than a room-darkening shade in my bedroom. I love to awaken to morning sunlight, and the glistening dusting of snow put an extra spring in my bounce this morning--which I needed to get exercises taken care of. I need all the motivation I can to tend to that part of my morning.

So exercises are done, and it's time to get ready for an afternoon jaunt out into this wonderful sunshine! I do hope your day and spirit are bright with heavenly sunlight!

 I am learning more each day the truths of this hymn:

Heavenly Sunlight
Henry Zelley, 1899

Walking in sunlight all of my journey;
Over the mountains, through the deep vale;
Jesus has said, "I'll never forsake thee,"
Promise divine that never can fail.

Shadows around me, shadows above me,
Never conceal my Savior and Guide;
He is the Light, in Him is no darkness;
Ever I'm walking close by His side.

Heavenly sunlight, heavenly sunlight,
Flooding my soul with glory divine:
Hallelujah! I am rejoicing,
Singing His praises, Jesus is mine!
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...