Pages

Friday, March 13, 2015

From the Sewing Room ~ True Blue

True Blue by Kim Diehl is finally finished!
I think it turned out rather nicely.
I even have a little pitcher that matches. :-) 



True Blue is 23.5 x 23.5, with 6-inch blocks.
I could also use it as a small wall quilt, and I probably will.
 I don't like the thought of all that work getting soiled!



I quilted a simple all over meandering design.
The focus is the piecing and not the quilting. 



I had planned to use just a solid backing, but decided to go with one of the fabrics in the collection so I could use either side if I wanted to use it as a decorative table quilt. 
Two small quilts for the work of one! 


The Simple Whatnots Club meets a couple of times a month, with a new quilt each month. True Blue is the third quilt in Kim's Simple Whatnot Club that I've completed. I have a couple of the others cut out and partially sewn, but I've been working on other projects, too, and haven't gotten back to the Whatnots yet. I gifted Sunday Supper (13 x 16), but here's Widdly Tinks (12 x 14).


I'm learning things as I go along, and one thing I've learned is that I don't care for spending so much time on such small projects. I hung Widdly Tinks on the bathroom wall, and it is cute, though. Kim suggests rolling up small quilting projects and putting them in a clear jar, like a bouquet. What?! Roll up all that work and stick them in a jar??? Well, to each his own.
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...