Pages

Monday, March 2, 2015

Simple Woman's Daybook

Today I join others at The Simple Woman’s Daybook, a weekly journal page that focuses on simple thoughts and simple living.  My leads are somewhat similar to others in the group, but somewhat different as well. You may also want to read what some other simple women are saying and doing these days. 
  

Outside my window....
A beautifully sunny day today, but cold


A Peek Into My Week…
More of this on the way in a couple of days...

  







Noticing the sound of ….
My Beloved making my popcorn. Movie night!

Thankful for....

The way God created bodies to generally heal. We are fearfully and wonderfully made!

Looking forward to….
My Beloved getting his staples removed tomorrow.


Pondering these words....


 “The Bible attitude is not that God sends sickness or that sickness is of the devil, but that sickness is a fact usable by both God and the devil.” 
                                                                      -Oswald Chambers, Philosophy of Sin


Looking to the ways of my household....

Did grocery shopping for the week today. Getting ready for more snow.

Reading.... 

A Month of Sundays: 31 Meditations on Resting in God
 by Glenda Mathes







The fruit of my hands …

Continuing to work on the kaleidoscope throw quilt. This is a portion of it on the design wall. This is the largest quilt I've made that I've needed to put on the wall, and I see that I need to get a bigger piece of flannel if I'm going to be making larger quilts. Hoping to finish the top before the grands come in mid-March.










Learning…
Not to think more highly of those who write books and counsel others than I ought to think. Sometimes they are very shameful ambassadors as I've seen on Twitter this week.
 

Thinking…

That those who hide behind grace err just as gravely as those they label as legalistic. Of what I've seen lately, both tend to be Pharisaical.

Feeling a little heavy-hearted today. Saddened by some things I read yesterday that linger on my mind. Almost didn't post today, but My Beloved encouraged me to do so. Love that man!
Grace and peace to you and yours,
Vickie
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...