Pages

Saturday, March 7, 2015

Trusting...Turning...Going On

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/William-Adolphe_Bouguereau#/media/File:William-Adolphe_Bouguereau_(1825-1905)_-_The_Young_Shepherdess_(1885).jpg

One of my longstanding desires has been denied. 
A good, biblical desire. 
One that would be favorable in God's eyes, I'm sure. 
I've been watching it slip from view year after year.
 It's odd to me, but now that I know it is not to be, I feel released from it. 
God has something else for me and is turning my heart toward that. 
Perhaps God's denial has been a 'severe mercy,' as Elisabeth Elliot might call it. 
And so... I trust... and turn... and go on.

God never withholds from His child that which His love and wisdom call good.  God's refusals are always merciful 'severe mercies' at times but mercies all the same. God never denies us our heart's desire except to give us something better.
~ Elisabeth Elliot 

Painting ~ The Young Shepherdess 1885, William Adolphe Bouguereau 1825-1905
Wiki Commons public domain
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...