Pages

Monday, March 23, 2015

The Simple Woman's Daybook


http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/
Today I join others at The Simple Woman’s Daybook, a weekly journal page that focuses on simple thoughts and simple living.  My leads are somewhat similar to others in the group, but somewhat different as well. You may enjoy reading what some other simple women are saying and doing these days. 

Outside my window....
Ahh! A lovely, sunny day. All I needed was a sweater for my errands. :-)

A Peek Into My Week…


 
Around the house…
Toys and books :-)

Looking forward to….
The grands coming back in a couple of days. We share them with their other grandparents when the kiddos are in town. 

Hoping…
That it doesn't rain the days while we have the grands. (But the forecast calls for a possibility)

Pondering…
That maybe, (it's conceivable, I think) that in Heaven God could have us adopted to some children who have no grandparents there. I know there's no marriage or giving in marriage, but there are relationships. Eternal grandparenting, a heavenly thought!

A quote to share...
Grandchildren are God’s way of compensating us for growing old. ~Mary H. Waldrip

Thankful....
For our 5-year-old Elijah's faith in Jesus Christ.

Praying...
For his little sister's coming to faith when she understands her need.

The fruit of my hands …
Continuing to hand quilt the kaleidoscope throw. Posted some about it here. and here

Reading.... 



The Kingfisher Book of Family Poems, 
selected by Belilnda Hollyer

Sharing a poem:


Pity Your Parents
My Gran once said, "Remember, lad,
You must be kind to Mum and Dad:
They do the best they can, poor things;
Angels they aren't, they don't have wings."

It must be quite a strain to be
Responsible for kids like me.
I'm sure it drives them up the wall,
Pretending that they know it all.

"Your room's a mess" "Don't tease the cat"
"I've warned you don't use words like that!"
They're never wrong, they're always right.

No wonder they can't sleep at night.

~ Roger Woddis


.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...