Pages

Friday, February 20, 2015

In The Sewing Room

I spent some time this afternoon in the sewing room while My Beloved had an appointment and ran some errands. I made some progress on my kaleidoscope quilt that I'm gifting, but alas, I think I'm going to take it out. I don't care for the tan that I added. I was trying to use fabric that I had in my stash and not go out in this cold weather, but it isn't working.

I'm not quite sure what to use in the secondary blocks instead. The color wheel says a mauve. Maybe that's what I should go with. The carpet I laid the kaleidoscopes on to take a picture is mauve, and it highlighted them well.

Hmmm. Maybe the green I have them set in should be mauve instead. No, no. Too much ripping. And her favorite color is green, which is why I chose it. Maybe I shouldn't have a secondary block going on at all, just the kaleidoscopes and sashing. But I think the secondary blocks would give the quilt some variety.

The weather forecast is calling for dangerous driving conditions here tomorrow, so I won't be able to go to the quilt shop until Tuesday (closed Mondays). You'd think in all the fabric stash I have that I would have something that would work!
 
This is one of the kaleidoscope blocks that shows the colors. Any ideas on what to switch out the tan for? Maybe the mauve?  Well, I have a few days to think about it. I'll work on something else in the meanwhile.  Like maybe catch up on my quilt class homework!

If the weather is keeping you inside, I hope you have something pleasant to do as well. Stay warm and safe!
                                                                  ~ Vickie
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...