Pages

Monday, February 16, 2015

The Simple Woman's Daybook


http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/
Today I join with others in The Simple Woman’s Daybook group, a weekly journal page that focuses on simple thoughts and simple living. My leads are somewhat similar to others in the group, but somewhat different as well. You may also like to read what some other simple women are saying and doing these days. Hope you can stop by again soon!

Outside my window....
Light snow falling and birds at the feeder site outside my kitchen window. We do enjoy watching the birds feed while we have our own meals. A constant reminder that if God so cares for the sparrows (and cardinals, towhees, tufted titmouses, chickadees, finches...), He cares even more for all of us.

Thankful for....
A warm home. It’s a verrrry cold  9 degrees this morning!

Noticing the sound of ….
The furnace. My Beloved had the electricity off for a little while working on the generator wiring. (Making sure all is reading in case we need it!) Sooo good to hear the furnace back on!

Looking forward to….
Hearing from my mother about her doctor’s visit today.

Learning…
I tried to put music on my blog. Couldn’t figure it out, and learned, anyway, that it competes with other links that I might want to include in a post. Decided against it. Still trying to learn why the formatting goes wacky on my posts sometimes. Arghh!!

Pondering these words....
“There's no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one. “
        ~ Jill Churchill
(I think the same would be said of a grandmother or a mother-in-law.)


A Peek Into My Week…

My sewing room, where I spend some afternoon hours.

Looking to the ways of my household....

Changing bed sheets today. Ironing pillow cases. Sometimes I like to iron the upper half of the top sheet. (Don’t want to give time to the lower part that’s under the cover, though.) Think I’ll do that this morning. Nothing like a freshly changed bed to crawl into at night!


Reading.... 

Just finished The Quilter’s Daughter by Wanda Brunstetter that a friend gave me. Light reading for winter evenings. Encourages me to quilt on! 







The fruit of my hands …

I finished hand-stitching some kaleidoscopes this week for a throw quilt and got some of the corners done. Lovely! I’m hoping to finish it all in hand-stitching, including the quilting. It’s going to be a gift, and I want it to be extra special.

Growing…
I want to continuing growing in what true love is—not the gushy kind and not the lusty kind. Still pondering the 23 Things That Love Is.

Thinking…
Praying that everyone stays safe on the roads today. We're under a heavy snow warning here. My Beloved went out in the truck earlier this morning to run an errand. More folks than he expected were out. 
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...