Pages

Saturday, February 7, 2015

The Simple Woman's Daybook


Going back to Saturdays for my Daybook entries. Saturdays work better for me, but I'll continue to add my post to The Simple Woman's Daybook on Mondays. Today I reflect on simple thoughts and simple pleasures. My leads are somewhat similar to others in the Daybook group, yet a bit different as well.

Outside my window...
Today was a warmish day, warm enough to play in the backyard with the grands.

(Ever so) Thankful...
For the time with the grandchildren this past week.


Noticing the sound of...

Anne of Green Gables: The Continuing Story
CD. Had it playing earlier in the day. Soft music helps keep the children settled.
 
http://www.amazon.com/Anne-Green-Gables-Continuing-Story/dp/B0000AZK8N/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&qid=1423364035&sr=8-18&keywords=anne+of+green+gables+cd 




Looking forward to...
Meeting up with My Beloved's brother for breakfast next week. Miles keep us apart, so My Beloved and I are looking forward to connecting with him again. 


In the kitchen….

Going to make a special treat tomorrow--Razzle Dazzle Pudding Cake. Sharing the recipe with you.
I've had this recipe for years and don't recall where I got it. Sorry that I can't give credit where it is due.
Razzle-Dazzle Pudding Cake
2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries, blackberries, or blueberries (I use a frozen berry mixture)
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 cup all-purpose flour
¾ cup sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
½ cup milk
3 tbsp. butter or margarine, melted

Topping:
¾ cup sugar
1 tbsp. cornstarch
1 cup boiling water

Preheat oven to 350°.

Toss the blueberries with cinnamon and lemon juice; place in a greased 8-inch square baking dish. In a bowl, combine flour, sugar and baking powder; stir in milk and butter. Spoon over berries. Combine sugar and cornstarch; sprinkle over batter. Slowly pour boiling water over all. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the cake tests done.

Creating...  
Made Anna a new sheet set for her toddler bed this week. I posted a tutorial if you'd like to make a set for a special little one in your life.
Learning...
Trying to learn how to put a comment box on my blogger posts, but can't seem to figure it out. (I just saw in the preview--it's there!)
A Peek into My Week...
Ironing little clothes, and using the time to pray for the special ones who will wear them.
 Helping Elijah with his homeschooling work. Brings back so many good memories of our own homeschooling days with his mommy and her sister.


A Thought from my quiet time...
Pondering on a portion of a message given by John MacArthur that My Beloved and I listened to this week. Thinking about when Stephen was accused of blasphemy in Acts 7 and the defense that he made to the council. He turned the accusation back onto them, that they had betrayed and murdered the Just One whom God had sent, Jesus Christ. It's interesting that the Apostle Paul (at that time called Saul) undoubtedly heard Stephen's message as he held the coats of those who would stone Stephen. Perhaps this was the first time Paul had heard such a clear explanation of who Jesus was. If so, it was the seed planted for his later conversion on the Road to Damascus.

Reading...
World Magazine
and sharing a quote.


“It’s one thing for the leaders—and defenders—of Islam to say that what we’ve just seen isn’t the true fruit of what they teach. It’s another thing for them to show us where the true fruit is.” 

~ Joel Belz in World Magazine Feb 7, 2015



Thinking...
So then, you will know them by their fruits.  ~ Matthew 7:20


I hope you've had a blessed week.

Vickie
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...