Pages

Saturday, February 21, 2015

The Simple Woman's Daybook


Today I join others at The Simple Woman’s Daybook, a weekly journal page that focuses on simple thoughts and simple living. My leads are somewhat similar to others in the group, but somewhat different as well. You may also want to read what some other simple women are saying and doing these days. Some food for thought in many of them.
  
Outside my window....
Sloppiness. But yesterday, beauty.













Noticing the sound of ….
The dishwasher. Supper's over and it's good to settle in for a quiet evening.

Looking forward to….

The latter part of next week. My Beloved has some minor out-patient surgery early in the week, and the weather is not looking good. We have to be there quite early. I'll be glad to get back home. I'm trying not to be anxious. So...

Thankful for....
The doctor who has knowledge and skill. And God who guides his hands. :-)

Learning…
Still trying to get the comment box to be a pop-up window or something other than being a big 'NO COMMENTS' always present on the post until someone makes a comment. And wondering why the comment box shows up only on individual posts. Maybe that's just the way it is in Blogger. Don't know.

Pondering these words....
"At the end of the day, fake people can only have fake relationships."
                                                          ~Marci Preheim, Grace is Free


A Peek Into My Week…
Cleaned up the kitchen spic-n-span. Might as well clean while I can't get out. 













Reading.... 

Grace Is Free: One Woman's Journey from Fundamentalism to Failure to Faith by Marci Preheim

My personal thoughts about the book:
Agreed, grace is free. And freeing. It's wonderful to understand that and live like that. This is the author's purpose in writing the book, but it seems to me to have too much blaming other people for her own previous misunderstanding of grace. Somewhat the typical 'blame it on somebody else' type of thinking prevalent today. Furthermore,
misunderstanding grace is not inherent to fundamentalism. I've been in some fundamental churches over the years, and I understood, and still understand grace, as I expect many others there do. Better to just admit that she didn't get it and then show how she has grown in understanding her faith. Every believer is somewhere on the path of growing in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ (2 Peter 3:18). In spite of that undercurrent, though, the book presents biblical truth about grace.
The fruit of my hands …
I've been working on a throw quilt that I want to gift someone. I have four of the rows on my design wall and trying to pull the colors and layout into a pleasing design. I blogged a little about it on yesterday's post. I changed the brown secondary blocks to a light green today. I tried mauve, but it just wasn't right, either. Going to think on it some more. I think I need another trip to the quilt shop. :-)
Thinking…
I was in Luke 7:36-50 today, reading the familiar account of the woman with the alabaster box who anointed Jesus' feet with her perfume as he dined at the table.The host thought ill of this because she was a "sinner," so to explain things, Jesus told the story of two people who owed some money. One owed little, the other owed much. Both were forgiven their debts. Jesus' question to the host, "Which of them will love him more?" The answer, " I suppose the one whom he forgave more."  Spot on (not exactly Jesus' words). The thought that came to me is this--If, as many say, sins are equal--none lesser, none greater--then why is one person forgiven little and one forgiven much? Some sort of difference going on. Quantity coming into the equation? Quality? Nevertheless, He forgives, and I'm grateful for that. Gotta keep that one percolating in my simple mind for awhile. 

Growing…
Wanting to know more and more about Jesus. Listening to ReviveOurHearts.com and growing in the knowledge of him. Nancy Leigh DeMoss is discussing The incomparable Christ. I talked about that in Wednesday's post. Hope you've had an opportunity to listen in, too.

Hope you see God's hand in your week.     
Vickie






.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...