Pages

Monday, March 9, 2015

The Simple Woman's Daybook


Today I join others at The Simple Woman’s Daybook, a weekly journal page that focuses on simple thoughts and simple living.  My leads are somewhat similar to others in the group, but somewhat different as well. You may also want to read what some other simple women are saying and doing these days.  

Outside my window....
A beautiful sunny day with temperatures in the upper 50s. Almost all of the snow is gone, except for the huge piles that will take until spring to melt. Daffodils are peeking out of the ground. It won't be long until spring!

Thankful for....
A special friend to walk and talk with, drawing one another Godward. We met at the cemetery for an afternoon walk today. 

A Peek Into My Week…
A walk in the cemetery. It's a good place to get some aerobics-- flat if you want flat, and varying inclines that can challenge. This hill was much more challenging after being indoors for so many weeks. (It's steeper than it looks!) After going up this one, I knew I couldn't do the steeper ones. Huff and Puff!! Gotta get out there more for sure!



Noticing the sound of ….
The clock--tick tock, tick-tock. We need to put on some music. 

I am going….
To stay in for a couple of days, tend to things around the house, and sewing. More rain coming, so I did the grocery shopping this morning. I'd rather do that on Tuesdays for the senior discount, but don't like to shop on rainy days. I put that and coupon savings toward my fabric stash. Makes me not dread grocery day. :-)

Learning…
That I prefer spray basting a quilt sandwich rather than sew basting or pin basting. Spray basting makes the top lie down more smoothly all over.

Pondering…
Been reflecting today on Sunday evening's church service. March is missions month, and yesterday several folks in the church gave reports on their mission endeavors. We've been going to this church only a few months, and it's been good to so many people involved in so many ministries--in the church and out of it, near and far. It's not a large church, maybe 150-200, but their desire to spread the gospel and love one another is very evident.

In the kitchen...
Skinny Baked Broccoli Macaroni and Cheese  
from Skinnytaste.com
A tasty meal for 315 calories / 8 Weight Watchers points plus
Click on the pic to go to the recipe. There's a much better picture there. 

 
Around the house…
Pictures on the piano


Thinking…
I hope they never forget.
 
The fruit of my hands …
Hand appliqueing some blocks in the evenings for a quilt for Anna. I just might finish it in a couple of years!


(Still) Reading....  
Stepping Heavenward 
I like to read just a few journal entries and reflect. 

A brief excerpt of counsel to Katie in her struggle...
Go home and say to yourself, ‘I am a wayward, foolish child. But He loves me! I have disobeyed and grieved Him ten thousand times. But He loves me! I have lost faith in some of my dearest friends and am very desolate. But He loves me! I do not love Him, I am even angry with Him! But He loves me!
~ Elizabeth Prentiss

Available from Grace and Truth Books. Just click on the pic to go there.

http://www.graceandtruthbooks.com/product/stepping-heavenward-solid-ground
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...