Pages

Monday, September 18, 2017

But God...

https://iamachild.wordpress.com/category/guy-seymour-joseph/
Goose Girl, Seymour Joseph Guy 1824-1910
A young friend and I were talking yesterday about the joys and challenges of parenting. She's one of those I've mentioned who finds joy in telling the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord.  I've heard some mothers say that they don't like their children, and they'll be glad when they grow up and move out. That's a sad condition to be in, but I think most of us truly want what's best for our children. I know that there were times, though, when I fell into default mode of self, times when I didn't make good choices, or I simply didn't know what the better path was. But God does know the pathway. He laid it out.

"But God." That's the truth my friend and I rejoiced in as we talked about His faithfulness in our uncertainties or weakness, that in Him we aren't stuck with just what we ourselves know or can do. I came across that phrase again in my Bible reading today. But God, being rich in His mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us ... (Eph.2:4).

And who knows better how life is to be lived than the creator of life?! He is rich in mercy to redeem us from ourselves, from our mistakes, from our weaknesses. Why does He want to do that? Because of His great love with which He loved us. Awesome, isn't it?!

I know that I love my children and my grandchildren far beyond anything I could have ever imagined before they came along. If you're a mother or grandmother, you probably feel the same. Our love isn't perfect, though, but God's love is. So I prayed that God would give wisdom to train up my children in the [path]way they should go, and I now pray the same for my grandchildren. We don't see them often, but when they are with us, we want to be wise as we're entrusted with their care. I pray, too, that God would fill their parents with His wisdom as they live in a city that this day marks the 500th homicide in a little over 8 months. Much wisdom is needed.
For the Lord gives wisdom, out of His mouth come knowledge and understanding. He stores up sound wisdom for the upright. He is a shield to those who walk in integrity. 
Proverbs 2:6-7
I do hope, dear one, that you are intimately acquainted with the giver of life. What a privilege and benefit to be able to seek His wisdom as we do this thing called parenting and grandparenting!
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...