Pages

Saturday, September 2, 2017

Weekend Daybook


http://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/2010716200/Outside my window...
Yesterday was a wonderful welcome change, cool and misty. Today, although the calendar does say September, the temperature still says summer, up to a little past 80 today. Eager to get decorating for autumn, but here int he south, autumn comes a little later than I'm accustomed tos, so I'll hold off awhile.





Thankful for...
Medicines that help My Beloved get well. Diverticulitis can be such a pain. 

Learning...
Tomorrow in our Sunday School class--learning more about fasting as a spiritual discipline. It's something I don't know much about. Looking forward to being enlightened.








Pondering... 
As our delight in God is the measure of our holiness, so our delight in sin is the measure of our sinfulness. -- John Flavel

Around the house...
Laundry and the upstairs cleaning today. Alternating upstairs and downstairs on cleaning days is my new plan of attack. I think it's going to be a better fit for me right now.

Thinking...
About those who have been helping with rescues and relief in Hurricane Harvey. So many compassionate people helping those in need, like Mattress Mac who opened his furniture store to shelter those in need. Truly a wonderful story of someone showing God's love and care. Many others brought boats and whatever they could to help in rescues. Others of us sending financial aid. We donated to Home School Foundation to help homeschoolers buy curriculum and materials when they get back on their feet. So many ways each of us can help, even if we don't have a million dollars to give.

Brought a smile...
Mattress Mac :-)

The fruit of my hands...
Made a couple more 18" doll dresses that match the little girl dresses I'm making. So cute and tiny!



Looking forward to...
Starting a new dress pattern for little girl dresses after I finish the doll dresses that match the first pattern.
 
In the Kitchen...
Worked up a new 3-month meal plan this week and added a few new recipes to try. I just plan for dinners, and I don't tie myself to it, but it sure helps when it's time to think about what to have for dinner that day or when it's time to grocery shop. I've been doing this for years, and it does take some time and effort to plan, but then there are three months of a little ease worked into kitchen duties. I do a five-week plan that I use for three seasonal months. Autumn meals are my favorites--soups and stews, apple and pumpkin desserts, fresh baked breads when it doesn't matter that the kitchen gets a little toasty. Mmmm.

Reading...
Ordered these freezer meal books to help my mother get ready for the in-home meal preparation help that's coming next week. Not only do they have recipes, but hints and tips about what foods are good for freezing or not. The author breaks down the preparation into steps that are helpful to those who are just beginning. Going to use some of the recipes myself and try a little more freezing. :-)












Image of woman writing~ Valerie...Charles Dana Gibson 1911
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...