Pages

Friday, September 22, 2017

From One Generation to Another

Our Sunday School class had talked last week about the spiritual benefits of keeping a journal. Talk turned to letters and journals that some in the class have from family members passed down through the years and what a blessing they are. I got to thinking about my own parents and grandchildren and that I have many letters and a couple of my mother's journals from years past, but I don't have anything written by my dad.

So yesterday was my Dad's 91st birthday, and I gave him a devotional journal with a letter tucked inside. I began: Happy 91st birthday, Dad! I've been thinking about your life and faith and how God has been faithful to you through these many years. I've also been thinking how Elijah and Anna and Daniel could be encouraged by your example as they would learn how God has been faithful.... As they grow older they will face difficulties and challenges, as you have, and I'm sure that knowing how God has been faithful to Grandpa would be an encouragement to them as they face similar times....  

I know that whatever Dad may write in his journal will be a blessing to those who will read and ponder its pages. And his words will be treasured for generations to come.

One generation shall praise Your works to another, and shall declare Your mighty acts.
Psalm 145:4
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...