Pages

Saturday, September 23, 2017

Weekend Daybook


http://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/2010716200/
Charles Dana Gibson, 1911
Outside My Window...
Someone mowing the lawn next door. May be getting new neighbors soon. The realty sign is gone.

Noticing the sound of...
Thunder in the distance







Thankful...
My brother, who was in the Air Force in Vietnam, was visiting a few days for Dad’s 91st birthday and took him to see the B-17 bomber Sentimental Journey while it was at a nearby airport on the Flying Legends of Victory Tour. Dad was allowed to get up into the plane (with help), and he and my brother spent some time reminiscing about their military days. It was a good day for them both. 

Brought a smile...
Thinking about my dad getting into the Sentimental Journey B-17
 
The fruit of my hands...
Took the meal for Dad's birthday. We had planned to have the party here, but My Beloved hasn't been doing well in the evenings for awhile.

Thinking...
That it will be a blessing to have Dad's devotional journal for the grandchildren when he completes it.
http://www.booksamillion.com/p/Journal-Lux-Leather-Be-Strong/Christian-Art-Gifts/9781432115463?id=7062127459712












Hoping to...
Find out why My Beloved has been feeling bad for the past several weeks. Should be getting the report from his CT scan in a couple of days.

Learning...
How to find public domain images. The site I had been using had allowed use of their images with link backs, but it appears they've changed ownership and that has changed. I noticed that the site was functioning differently recently and dug deeper. I began to wonder why it was okay for people to pin the same images to Pinterest. Hmmm. Seems that's not so. Found this article. I've used some of my blogging time to replace some images. I think images enhance the message, but it's slow going.

Pondering...
"A durable yearning for learning characterizes all those who are truly wise."
Donald S. Whitney in Spiritual Disciplines for the Christian Life. p.279

Tomorrow is our last class in this book. Much food for thought.






In the Kitchen...
White Bean and Ham soup simmering on the stove

In the Sewing Room..
Began a new pattern this week for a little girl dress. Don't really care for the sleeves, though, so I'll look for something different.

Around the house...
Not much going on except for typical keeping the pathways clear.
 
Reading...
https://www.paultripp.com/products/parenting-bookReaching the hearts of children isn't just for parents. This is a great resource for parents, grandparents, and anyone who has the privilege of touching a child's heart with gospel principles. If you click on the image, you can read the introduction and first chapter.

.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...