Pages

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

As Families Must Do

http://homewardhereandthere.blogspot.com/2016/06/a-farmers-wife.html I mentioned the book, The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt: Letters from 1920s Farm Wives and the 111 Blocks They Inspired sometime last year. I picked it up again today as it caught my eye in my sewing room. I'm not a farmer's wife, but I have a dear friend who is, and she had sent me the book, knowing I like to quilt. She loves being a farmer's wife, and whenever I see it, I think of her. It includes letters from women who share the good things they experience about being a farmer's wife.

I think many of us share the same sentiments in regard to our own homes and desires for our children, be it on the farm or in the neighborhood. Sharing a brief excerpt with you today. I do have modern conveniences, but I still relate to this thought. I think you might as well. If you'd like to know more about the book, just click on the image.

We live in one of those much-talked-about homes where folks do not have all the modern conveniences but we do have good books, good music and a wealth of flowers and growing things about us. Above all else, we live together, working and playing and planning together, as families must do, if the love and unity of that family are to become an inspiration to its members and to the community in which they live. 

~C. McD. B., Marion County, Indiana in The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt: Letters from 1920s Farm Wives and the 111 Blocks They Inspired
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...