Pages

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Simple Woman's Day Book

Click to read more simple women entries.
Today I’m joining A Simple Woman's Daybook, a weekly journal page that focuses on simple thoughts and simple living.  My leads are somewhat similar to others in the group, but somewhat different as well. You may also want to read what some other simple women are saying and doing these days. I'll be posting my journal on Saturdays. Do stop by.




A picture to share...
Morning feeders















Outside my window...

Beautiful fresh fallen snow, birds flitting from the cypress to the bird feeders.

Thankful for...
Snow that brightens a gray winter day.

Noticing the sound of …
Clothes in the dryer that my dearly beloved tended to while I was photographing the birds at the feeder

Soon I hope to….
Begin a baby quilt for a new little creation who will arrive within the month

Thinking....
About our little Elijah watching the birds out the window over Christmas. Bir!
Miss you! Nana

Looking to the ways of my household....
Entered a week of dinner menus to my rotation schedule. Plan to finish up next week.

Currently reading.... 
Just began The Peacemaker by Ken Sande. Will share a review soon.

Reflecting creativity, in His image…
Added "Winter Welcome" to the boxwood wreath I used for the front door at Christmas. It's still doing well. Looking for some winter berries to add.

From the kitchen...
Making pasta salad to take to our church's Winter Dinner. Sharing the recipe:
Creamy Ranch Pasta Salad
(16-20 servings; recipe from Crowd Pleasing Sandwiches & Salads)

2 packages Betty Crocker Suddenly Salad--Ranch and Bacon
1 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
8 medium green onions, chopped (1/2 cup)
2 medium stalks celery, thinly sliced (1 cup)
    [I add 1/2 frozen green peas]
6 hard-cooked eggs, coarsely chopped
1 hard-cooked egg, sliced, if desired for garnishingpaprika, if desired for garnishing
1.  Fill 4-quart Dutch oven 2/3 full of water. Heat to boiling. Stir in contents of both pasta-vegetable pouches. Gently boil uncovered 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Drain pasta. Rinse with cold water. Shake to drain well.
2.  Stir together seasoning mixes, mayonnaise, mustard, onions, green peas, and celery  in large bowl. Stir in pasta and chopped eggs until evenly coated. Garnish with hard-cooked egg slices and paprika, if desired.

I'm learning…
To glorify God in all I do. I find that it brings more contentment to my days. I too often learn at a snail's pace.
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...