Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Stymied

I finished piecing the baby quilt top today, but am stymied now as to what quilting design to use. I've sandwiched the quilt and pinned it, and hung it on the wall in my sewing room, hoping to get some inspiration. I don't have much experience choosing a quilt design, and I'm not really very creative. I've paged through magazines and surfed the Internet trying to get ideas, but as far as I've gotten is "quilt as desired," or that I should choose a design that relates to the quilt theme or its design. The theme is safari, with baby and mommy safari animals in the inner blocks and babies on the border fabric. The coordinating fabrics lend an African flavor to it, too, and from what I've read, I suppose the geometric pieces could blend into an African design as well. But I can't seem to come up with a simple quilting design that would complement the baby safari theme (emphasis on simple!). Maybe I'll just meander all over it. Any suggestions?

Other than all the thinking I've done today on the quilt, the rest of the day has been a here-a-little-there-a-little kind of day. Got the laundry done, went out for lunch with my beloved as we ran a few errands, and stopped in at the church to pick up a box of books delivered for The Book Nook. Some good reading ahead with Will Medicine Kill the Pain by Elyse Fitzpatrick and Home-Making by J.R. Miller. Will give a book review when they're finished. I'm currently reading Has Christianity Failed You by Ravi Zacharias. A thought from last evening's reading that's cause for pause:
"Who is Jesus? He is the Son of David, the Son of Man, the Son of God, and the Savior--not to defeat Rome, not to take care of "the other guy," not to abolish the other political party--he is the Savior, the only one who can deliver us from the tigers within our own deceitful hearts. This is Jesus. Knowing who he is makes the journey to a strong faith rational, even though the way is punctuated with times of struggle. In our ethnic, human, and relational conflicts, we can see what happens when we displace the one who transcends all these issues, and in breaking our relationship with him we break it with each other and ultimately with ourselves. This rupture of serious ramifications often leaves us saying that our faith has failed us. Rather than pausing to see what we have done to the content and object of our faith, we lay blame at the doorstep of God."
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...