Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

That Wonderful Technology?

Most of this afternoon and into the evening was spent preparing for tomorrow's home schooling class at church. I know this teacher puts more time into homework than do the students! About seven hours went into prep for tomorrow's class. I'm sure thankful for my laptop that I can move about. Just finished getting the essays evaluated and grades listed. Now to turn my attention to something else.

I'm sort of drained in the brain at the moment. My thoughts linger over talking with our daughter for a few minutes today and hearing little Elijah playing in the background and saying "hi" to Nana and Grandad, although I'm not so sure he even knew who we were. Distance is no friend to families. Everyone has moved away over the years (parents, siblings, children), leaving us with long-distance relationships. I guess I'll catch on in the sweet by and by as to how this is all okay, but for now it just doesn't seem like a God-thing with jobs in distance places and friends substituting for family. I know, I know.... but there are pictures and cell phones and email and skype and facebook and blogs and all the wonderful technology..... that lulls us into thinking all is well. But they don't give hugs or stop in for a bowl of soup or leave fingerprints on the windows or make memories.
"The Enemy loves platitudes. Of a proposed course of action He wants men, so far as I can see, to ask very simple questions: Is it righteous? Is it prudent? Is it possible? Now, if we can keep men asking: 'Is it in accordance with the general movement of our time? Is it progressive or reactionary? Is this the way that History is going?' They will neglect the relevant questions. And the questions they do ask are, of course, unanswerable; for they do not know the future, and what the future will be depends very largely on just those choices which they now invoke the future to help make."                    C.S. Lewis ~ The Screwtape Letters
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...