Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

To Market

To Market ~ John James Hill
Today was market day. Spent the afternoon running several errands with several additional stops I hadn't intended to make--a result of trying to shop as much not-made-in-China as I can, especially if it's something that I can just as well do without. I know I'm going to have to come to some inner agreement with myself soon, though, especially about necessities because I'm finding that skirting around here and there is not really good stewardship of my time and gas money. However, my hunt for some winter-interest pods, dried flowers, etc. was productive. I found some from South Africa and Italy. Satisfaction!


If you're in Hobby Lobby and you enjoy their music, let them know. I commented to the cashier about it today, and she said that they get just as many complaints about it (too religious) as people who like it. As for me, their music is much more desirable than what is played in most other stores where I hurry to make a purchase so I can get out of there before the music drives me batty! I told her that HL's music makes me want to linger awhile--and you know that usually means more purchases! A good many of their things are made you-know-where, but not my dried centaurea! I like shopping there, too, because of their statement of purpose: Honoring the Lord in all we do by operating the company in a manner consistent with Biblical principles. How often do you find that as a company's purpose?!  You can also see their ministry projects here.

Found a super sale at Christopher and Banks. Love their clothes. Modest, yet stylish, and I always head to their sale racks whenever I go in. I have several friends who shop there, but it's rare that we've purchased the same article of clothing (maybe because my clothing purchases are infrequent). A friend and I wore the same sweater to church once, and she looked lovely, so it was fun to imagine we were twins for a few moments.

Stopped at the fabric shop to pick up a piece that I came up short on for the quilt I just started. They didn't have it, so now it's back to the cutting board. I did get a couple of fat quarters, though, that I think would look even better than my first choice.

Last stop was the grocery store. Several new recipes this month as I renew my menu rotations. Looking forward to slow-cooker Cranberry Pork Tenderloin on Thursday.

My God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus (Phil. 4:19). And many of the not-so-necessary little lovelies as well.

How excellent is thy loving kindness, O God! 
Therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings.
Psalm 36:7
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...