Pages

Saturday, January 15, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Today I reflect on simple thoughts and simple pleasures.

Sharing a picture....
Winter Welcome boxwood wreath on the front door
















 
Outside my window....
is dark, but the glow of lights along the sidewalk is welcoming.

Noticing the sound of .…
background music from the family room as my dearly beloved studies for his Sunday School class.

Thankful for....
past homeschooling friends who have been friends for ever-so-long, even though our paths don't cross much anymore. Just hung up the phone from talking with such a one...brings me joyous pleasure to hear about her precious family and her anticipated grandbaby.

Soon I hope to….
finish the cutting on a new baby quilt and start the piecing. I love to see the fabrics form a new design as they're sewn together.

Thinking....
about friends of kindred spirit.

Looking to the ways of my household....
Mostly routine tasks this week, but I did get my cooking magazines organized according to seasons. I put them in a plastic carrying case that I can pull off the shelf in the laundry room when I want new recipes to add to my rotation menus.

From the kitchen....
Pulled some homemade brownies out of the oven just a bit ago. Mmm. Smells yummy! My weekend treat!!

Currently reading.... 
Almost finished with The Peacemaker by Ken Sande

A thought from my Quiet Time....
I reap what I sow, yet it is God who supplies my store of seed. It is also he who enlarges my harvest. (re: 2 Cor. 9:6-11)

Reflecting creativity, in His image….
Added some crepe myrtle pods and a raffia bow to my boxwood wreath on the front door. I tried using holly berries from the bushes by the front porch, but they looked a bit too Christmasy for me right now. 

I'm learning….
to be sure I have the needed quantity of a particular fabric before I do the cutting. It sure looked like enough....  Now I need to get just a fourth yard more, or if they don't have it, find a different fabric and cut the pieces again.


You might enjoy reading some entries from some other simple women. Just click here to go to The Simple Woman's Daybook site.
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...