Pages

Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Today I reflect on simple thoughts and simple pleasures....

 













Outside my window....
bright sunshine this morning glistening off the melting icicles

Noticing the sound of .…
the clock ticking. Peaceful, but I'd rather be hearing little voices.

Thankful for....
my pastor and his wife who truly care about the flock they shepherd

This past week has been
filled with offering condolences and comfort to sorrowing families

Soon I hope to….
ask a hurting friend to come over for lunch

Thinking....
about my little Elijah and how I miss being a part of his everyday life

Looking to the ways of my household....
Did some deeper dusting this week--here a little, there a little really adds up. I'm often surprised at what can be accomplished in an hour's time!

From the kitchen....
Making some taco soup for supper.

Currently reading.... 
Just began Has Christianity Failed You? by Ravi Zacharias. Bottom line question--Is it God or is it the church that has failed you? Previewing it for our church Book Nook.

A thought from my Quiet Time....
Who made God? God did not need to be made. He has existed forever.
"Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God" (Psalm 90:2).

Reflecting creativity, in His image….
Continuing to work on the baby quilt for a soon-to-be bundle of joy. Will post a picture when it's all done.

I'm learning….
Not to wait until I know someone is in need. Help when I think they are in need. Most often I find that they are not, but sometimes they are. And sometimes I wait too long, and then it is too late.

You might enjoy reading some entries from some other simple women. Just click here to go to The Simple Woman's Daybook site.
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...