Pages

Friday, January 30, 2015

Back in the Attic



We've spent the week continuing to clear out the attic. Made another trip to the dump yesterday and took a couple more loads to the thrift shop the past couple of days. Finding some fun things in the attic for our grandchildren to play with while they're here next week, like this kitchen combo and Mickey Mouse castle that our girls played with when they were little. Ahhh, sweet memories in the attic.

I haven't actually been in the attic for probably several years. My Beloved is bringing stuff down and we sort it out. He's been vacuuming up there, and I'm eager to go up and see how it looks. I think I'll hold off my curiosity awhile, though, and take a look later for the wow factor. :-)

Thrift shops. Some are nice, some are junky. We've taken things to a couple of them. One that we were in a couple days ago was junky, junky. I had a huge urge to straighten things up for them, but held off. I don't like thinking of our stuff just being tossed about, especially since I launder and clean things up before we go. Took the other loads to the first thrift store. They seem to show more respect for what they get. It was fun to see some of our things on the sales floor the last time we went. 

Going to stay out of the attic next week since the grandchildren will be here. I probably won't take the time to blog while they're here, either. I want to savor every moment with them.
 
Thought I'd share a soup recipe with you today. These cold days are good soup days. I call this recipe....

Loaded Potato Soup

2 boiled eggs, chopped
2 cups chicken broth
2 medium potatoes, cut into small pieces (about 3 cups)
1/2 cup chopped carrots
1/2 cup celery, sliced
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1 tsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup milk
1 tbsp flour
2 cups cheese (I used Mozzarella, but choose your favorite)

In a large saucepan, combine chicken broth, potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, parsley and salt. Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 15-20 min. 

Meanwhile, boil eggs until hard boiled.

Add milk to flour, blending well. Add to cooked vegetables and stir until thickened. 

Add chopped boiled eggs.

Add cheese and stir until melted.

Serves 3-4 large bowls.

Enjoy and keep warm! 
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...