Pages

Monday, January 26, 2015

Simple Woman's Daybook

http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/
Today I reflect on simple thoughts and simple pleasures. My leads are somewhat similar to others in The Simple Woman's Daybook group, yet a bit different as well. 

Outside my window...
Night has fallen. A dusting of snow remains from the day.

Looking forward to...
The grandchildren coming for a visit. We'll rendezvous with their parents halfway this weekend. We get to keep them for a week. :-)

Noticing the sound of...   
The humidifier. My fingers crack from the dry winter air.

Thinking...
About so many good memories we've recalled while cleaning out the attic these past few days.

Thankful...
For our daughters' pursuit of God. I came across our older daughter's journal, written when she was 18 (now almost 37), as I was clearing out a closet. Made this mama so thankful that God pursued them at a young age.

Around the house...
Another attic day. Got the section above the garage finished. Yay! Tomorrow on to the attic area over the family room.

Creating...
These are the blocks that are part of my homework for quilt class. The leaves are just lying there right now, but are to be appliqued along with some branches. Block size is 8 inches finished. Hope to show more soon.











Learning...
To make my quilt pieces just a bit oversized where possible, then trim for a more accurate block.

 A Thought from my quiet time...
Reading in Galatians today, where Paul admonishes some of the believers not to think they earn God's salvation by keeping the law. He reminds them that they were saved through faith in Jesus Christ. Our acceptance of that is what pleases God. How freeing to know my salvation doesn't depend on me, but on what Christ has done for me.

Reading...
Continuing to read slowly The Rare Jewel of Christian Contentment by Jeremiah Burroughs (1559-1646). Am sharing quotes along the way.
 











 
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...