Pages

Saturday, January 31, 2015

From the Sewing Room ~ Elijah's Quilt

Picked up the grandchildren today. Got them tucked into bed, and I'm settling down now for the evening. Sleeping grandchildren. Nothing like it....except when they're snuggled up next to us. :-)

Wanted to show you the quilt that Elijah and I worked on together the last time he visited for two weeks in the fall. He wanted to make me a quilt, so I let him use pieces of fabric from my scrap bag to design it on a piece of flannel. Should have encouraged him to use the biggest pieces he could find! He wanted me to sew it together for him. He did choose one large piece, so I decided to applique his name in that block. Some of the other pieces were pretty small, but it went together nicely. I pieced it, added the borders, and did the quilting after he left. I added a label to the back to remind him in years to come that we had worked on it together. He designed, and I stitched. I had it ready when they came back for Thanksgiving.



He said he loved it. So do I. :-)
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...