Pages

Monday, January 5, 2015

Ham and Cheese Pinwheels


http://www.mennonitegirlscancook.ca/2009/01/ham-and-cheese-pinwheels.html

Passing on a recipe today from Mennonite Girls Can Cook. 

I've made these pinwheels a few times recently for some special occasions. They're delicious and easier to make than they look. Just plan some time for rising, but don't let them rise too long, or you'll get really puffy pinwheels and wonder where the cheese and ham are. Guess how I know that? The dough can be made the night before and left in the refrigerator overnight.

The recipe yields about 4 dozen pinwheels. The first time I made them, I didn't realize how many it made and had some leftovers for the next day. The second time I made them, I cut the recipe in half. The next time, I forgot how many again, and so we sent some home with family, which was nice. After that I made a note on the recipe. They're suppose to freeze well, although I haven't done that yet.

Believe me, they're easy to make, but the instructions are rather detailed--which I think is a good thing. So instead of repeating all of that, just click on the image above and the link will take you to the Mennonite Girls Can Cook website post where you'll find the recipe. 

They have pictures to show how each step of the way looks. That's one of the things I really like about their site. They're ten ladies who can really cook and make it look like we might could do it, too!  Although, I do have to say that some of their creations are beyond me. But I do check out their blog almost every day.  Hope you enjoy it, too, and find some recipes for your family!
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...