Pages

Friday, January 23, 2015

Chatty Cathy

More attic time today. Came across my vintage Chatty Cathy (1960) doll that I had when I was growing up. She originally talked by pulling her string, which is gone now. I watched a video on how to repair her voice box, so maybe that can be fixed. I'll keep her for our little Anna to play with when she gets a little older. Chatty Cathy doesn't have any of her own clothes right now, and she's a little taller than the popular 18-inch dolls, so I think I'll need to make some clothes for her. Later.

I was interested in seeing if I could find a way to fix her hairdo. Right now she's in a constant state of a bad hair day. I found a short video on how to do it, that, I suppose, would work for any doll. I found my daughters' Chatty Patty dolls in the attic today, too, and they could sure use a new do. If you're interested in fixing up a loved doll, you can click here to view that video.

Apparently, there's a Chatty Cathy collectors club that meets annually. If you had a Chatty Cathy growing up, or are just interested in the doll, maybe you'd enjoy watching this brief documentary about Chatty Cathy from Mattel. It's everything about Chatty Cathy.

.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...