Pages

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Making More of Jesus

We got the outdoor lights down and put away today. All except the Nativity. We'll get to that in a day or two. Putting it away reminds me that Jesus came, not to remain in the manger, but to be my means of reconciliation to the Father. Jesus is my way back to God. That's the gospel--the good news of Christmas. If you've not found your way back, you can learn more here

I think that I should make more of Jesus. Our little 5-year old Elijah brought that to mind while he was here last week. He came with his family the day after Christmas and was here a few days when he remarked that Christmas was about Jesus, but with all the decorations that we had, there wasn't much about Jesus. I thought there was. I showed him around the house--five nativities and other such reminders about what we were celebrating.

I've been thinking about his comment these past several days. I do need to make more of Jesus--in my talk as well as my walk. It's part of telling the next generation the glorious deeds of the Lord and His might, and the wonders that He has done (Ps.78:4). I had that verse framed in the kitchen when my girls were growing up. It's really the desire of my heart and the reason My Beloved and I so very much want to be more involved with our grandchildren in the normalcies of life. It's part of faith-building, of helping them to know the goodness of God, of His provision and constant care.

Making more of Jesus. Because He is the way to Father God.

.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...