Pages

Friday, August 7, 2015

Because of the Brave

On a recent visit with my parents near Father's Day, I gave Dad a lap quilt that I had made especially for him. Dad is a WWII veteran, and I wanted to honor him with the quilt, so I named it after Moda's fabric line "Because of the Brave." 

I had seen a Quilted in Honor design on The Electric Quilt blog challenge and wanted to make something similar for Dad. It was just a design entry for the contest and hadn't been made into a pattern. But it inspired me, so I did what I could to bring it to life. I altered the design somewhat to make it what I wanted it to be. 

This was the most challenging quilt I've attempted without a pattern. Getting all the measurements to come out right challenged me, indeed! 






Some detail on the back of the machine quilting.



Happy stitching to those of you who sew! Maybe make something for someone soon. :-)
And keep looking upward and homeward!
~ Vickie
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...