Pages

Saturday, August 15, 2015

The Simple Woman's Daybook

http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/search/label/The%20Simple%20Woman's%20Daybook
Today I join others at The Simple Woman’s Daybook, a weekly journal page that focuses on simple thoughts and simple living.  My leads are somewhat similar to others in the group, but somewhat different as well. You may enjoy reading what some other simple women are saying and doing these days. 

Outside my window...
Bumble bees on the zinnias 




Thinking...
Bumble bees are nice. Yellow jackets are not. My Beloved was stung by one today as he mowed over the hill in the wooded area. Poor fella.

Thankful...
That My Beloved tends to the mowing and that I tend to the flowers.

In the Garden...
Pulled out the spent petunias in the raised white planter and replaced them with verbena this evening. The August heat does not beckon me outdoors to tend to things. I should heed Kipling's advice, though. ~ "Flowers are not made by singing 'Oh, how beautiful,' and sitting in the shade." 

From the Kitchen...
Came across a new-to-me pancake mix at Kroger this week--Private Selection Oatmeal Apple Cinnamon Pancake Mix. Saturday is big breakfast day at our house, so I tried it this morning and the pancakes were quite good. Would even be better with sauteed apples. I didn't think to take a photo of the pancakes this morning, but here's a picture of the can. ;-)
http://www.privateselection.com/artisan-products/artisan-baking-and-cooking-ingredients/sugars-flours/apple-cinnamon-oatmeal-pancake-mix/












 
Around the house…
Been clearing out the garage the past few days. Mostly MB has been doing the clearing. Wonderful to see some of the floor again! No more stumped toes and scraped ankles as I snake my way through. Took some loads to the thrift shop, the dump, and several things to a rented storage unit. 

Looking forward to….
A completely cleared and organized garage as we begin a new chapter in a new place!

Hoping…
To beat the clock on getting this house on the market and sold before our new house is completed in November as we prepare to move near my parents in Alabama. 








The fruit of my hands …
Working on a throw quilt for my walking friend. Posted about it yesterday



Reading.... 

Christ Our Mediator by C.J. Mahaney
This is a small book that I have on my nightstand, just reading a few paragraphs at a time and pondering its thoughts. 
http://www.wtsbooks.com/christ-our-mediator-c-j-mahaney-9781590523643










 


A quote to share...  
We rarely grasp the terrible threat facing each of us in our human condition, and so even less often experience astonishment over what God has done on our behalf to meet that threat. ~ C.J. Mahaney

Wondering...
Why the formatting and layout on my blog often doesn't stay as I create it. Things tend to get all whopperjawed as soon as I click publish.

Well, be that as it will. Hope to have you visit me and sit a spell at Homeward.
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...