Pages

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Perk-Me-Up Zinnias

Domesticity - devoted to home duties and pleasures

With going through things and clearing out the garage and sending things to the dump and Restore, and taking things to the thrift shop, many of my home duties these days are not particularly pleasurable. Getting ready to move is exciting for me, yes, and therein lies the pleasure, but it's more of a dismantling job instead of tender tweaking.

So, I cut some of the bright zinnias from the front garden to brighten the supper table today. Just a little vase of color made stopping to prepare a meal a much more pleasurable task. They seemed to energize the room... and me! I think God intends flowers to do that and much more for us. They celebrate and console.

As someone has said, "God loved the flowers and invented soil. Man loved the flowers and invented vases."
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...