Pages

Saturday, August 29, 2015

The Simple Woman's Daybook

http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/search/label/The%20Simple%20Woman's%20Daybook
Today I join others at The Simple Woman’s Daybook, a weekly journal page that focuses on simple thoughts and simple living. My leads are somewhat similar to others in the group, but somewhat different as well. 

Outside my window... 
Impatiens overtaking the sidewalk by the front door.



In the Garden... 
I wondered when I planted these impatiens in the spring if they would ever spread. Took them so long, but if they keep going, we'll have to jump over them!
 
 Around the house....
I packed up the things from the buffet this week for moving. I guess I didn't realize how much it held. I packed four boxes to take, and two boxes to donate. 
This week's find... 
A bat in our bedroom! After an hour or so My Beloved coaxed it outside. We looked online to see how to get rid of it and found some interesting facts about bats. But to me, snakes and mice and bats are in the same category. EEK!!  Sorry, I didn't get a picture of it flying around. I was too busy screaming and then hiding in the closet.


Looking forward to...

Taking down the wallpaper in the kitchen. Really?! Yes, it means another step forward to getting the house ready to put on the market.


From the Kitchen...  
I made this pasta salad for lunch today and shared it with a neighbor friend. I've taken it to a get-together, too, and just tossed in more of the ingredients. Sharing the recipe with you, although I can't remember where I got it. Maybe Taste of Home. Just be aware that it needs to marinate a few hours. I make it the night before.


Italian Pasta Salad
1 cup uncooked spiral pasta (I used tri-color)
1-1/2 or so cups cherry tomatoes, halved
1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced

½ cup reduced fat or fat-free Italian salad dressing

¼ cup sweet red pepper, chopped

¼ cup green pepper, chopped

3 tbsp green onion, thinly sliced

½ cup lite mayo (I used olive oil reduced fat)

1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese

1/3 cup cubed cheese, cut into about ¼-inch cubes (I used mozzarella, but use your fav)

1 can (2 oz) sliced ripe olives, drained



1.  Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse with cold water and drain. Place in large bowl.

2.  Add tomatoes, mushrooms, salad dressing, peppers, and onion.

3.  Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.

4.  In a small bowl:

            * combine mayo and Parmesan cheese;

            * stir cubed cheese and olives into mayo mixture

5.  Gently fold into the pasta mixture.

6.  Chill until served.  Serves 8.
 

The fruit of my hands …  
I finished the kaleidoscope quilt top yesterday that I'm making for a friend. This is the largest one I've made (65 x 89). I blogged about it yesterday.
 




Hoping…
 
That the quilt shop will do a good job with the quilting. This will be the first time I've had someone else do the quilting, but this is the first time I've made this size quilt, too, and I don't think I can give it the attention it needs right now. Wanting to have it finished to give my friend before we move.



Reading....  
The Dash Diet by Thomas J. Moore, MD

I'm glad to learn that I pretty much already do much of what it says, so I'm reading it mostly for the recipes. It was clearanced at BAM for just $3.00 for the hardback. It's online for $19.96. What a deal!

Wondering...
It seems odd to me that when a white policeman kills a black, the media cries race, but when a black kills a white policeman, not so. Just sayin'.

Thankful...    
For policeman who put their lives on the line just by putting on their uniforms.  

Thinking... 
That the young man who is helping My Beloved work in the garage is very compassionate toward mankind. He went to a far land to fight extremists because of the atrocities they are doing to the people who live there. He said everyone was sharing whatever they had to help each other, and that he wished he had something to give them. He did have something, and he gave it--himself.  

A quote to share....
Even if you think the Big Bang created the stars, don't you wonder who sent the flowers? ~Robert Brault

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Colourful_Flower_01.JPG

 

I do hope you know the One who sent the flowers...and created the stars.
Take care, dear one.

Until next time. 

You may enjoy reading what some other simple women are saying and doing these days here


.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...