Pages

Sunday, August 9, 2015

Dress Like You Mean It

https://iamachild.wordpress.com/category/garland-charles-trevor/
Commenting today on something most will not understand. If you're not a follower of Jesus Christ, you just won't get it. I don't expect you to. This post isn't for you. But for those gals who desire to have everything you do bring glory to His name, I want to encourage you to dress like you mean it.

As followers of Jesus the Christ, the totality of our purpose is to make Him known, not ourselves. To magnify Him, not ourselves. To have people notice Him--not us, not our bodies. Especially, I repeat, especially when we're gathered together in corporate worship. Our motives, our mission in life affects what we wear when we come to worship. 

With our whole being, we come to worship. I know many of you know that. Many of you desire that and live that. For the more naive, I implore you to please let our men focus on worship. I want to be able to focus on worship as well. I do not want to see your cleavage. I do not want to see your rear end. I do not want to see your big belly, soon-to-be mama (even though I respect the new life within you). I do not want to see you poured into your clothes and see every hill and valley, or see your clothes barely hanging on you and hoping they don't fall off. I want to see your God. I want to see your Savior working in and through you.

I know what the prevailing style is. I also know why it's the prevailing style. I think you do, too. 

So, let's kick it up a notch. Dress like we mean it. Full throttle on mission. 

And keep looking upward.
~ Vickie 
Painting ~ Love Letters, Charles Trevor Garland 1855-1906
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...