Pages

Friday, August 21, 2015

From the Sewing Room ~ Re-fitted Pillow Cases

With all the work going on this week getting the house in shape to put on the market, there's not been much time for being in my sewing room. But I did take some time to make a couple of pillow cases a better fit for My Beloved's pillow, which is one of those smaller contoured foam ones. The pillow cases are always wrinkling and twisting around on his pillow during the night. 

Thought I'd show you how I fixed that problem in case you or someone you love has a love/hate relationship with a pillow.

Here's a before photo of the pillow in the pillowcase. Notice all the extra fabric on the right side. That's how it starts out after the bed is made, but it sure doesn't stay that way during the night!























 This is about how it looks in the morning. Not really helpful for a good's night's sleep.


















So, I......

Turned the pillowcase inside out and measured how much of an extra seam allowance to make.

















For his pillow, I made an additional 4-inch seam down the side.















Then I sewed about 1/4-inch all around the hemmed opening for a nice finish, stitching down that extra seam allowance as I went. You could cut off the extra seam allowance, if you want instead, or use your serger, but I just left it and stitched it down at the hem.





















And now the pillow fits nice and snug in the pillow case. No more twisting and wrinkling. I modified two pillowcases, and I think the next time I'll shorten it a bit as well.




















A little TLC for My Beloved!

Linking up today with Amanda Jean's Finish It Up Friday.  You might want to head on over and get some inspiration from what some other gals have finished up!


.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...