Pages

Friday, August 14, 2015

From the Sewing Room~Kaleidoscopes

Almost finished with the blocks for the Twilight Kaleidoscope quilt that I'm working on, following along with Marilyn Foreman's class on Craftsy. I've worked with octagon kaleidoscopes before, but hadn''t really been interested in four-patch kaleidoscopes until I saw this class on Craftsy from Marilyn and her gorgeous kaleidoscope quilts. Such beauty from a four-patch beginning that I never imagined! This is Marilyn's quilt. I'll show mine soon. I hope it's as gorgeous as hers!


I have only three small star blocks to finish up, then I can sew all of the blocks together and have the quilt top finished. Here's what the blocks and sashings are looking like.


And there are a couple of 12.5-inch blocks for the center.



 


Here's a strip of the main fabric for the kaleidoscopes. It's a line from Blank Textiles, but there's no name given to it, just pattern #5271. I'm making the quilt throw size as a parting gift for a friend, and I had her choose the fabric from my stash. Her favorite color combination is red and black, so I'll be using red for the backing.
 

Barb and I walk together frequently and point one another Godward as we walk and talk. I'll definitely miss her kindred spirit when we move.

Keep looking upward, dear one, and I hope you, too, have a friend who points you there.
~ Vickie
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...