Pages

Monday, August 10, 2015

Coming Uncorked

https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Search&limit=20&offset=20&profile=default&search=Daniel+Ridgway+Knight&searchToken=mqx8fxutqnoel1w46jr3rxx5#/media/File:Knight_Daniel_Ridgway_Julia_on_the_Terrace_1909.jpgMy mind keeps going back to the gathering we attended on Saturday. Thinking that I talked way too much. Ever feel like that when you put your head on the pillow? 

I know why. I've been bottled up. Here was true fellowship, heart-to-heart interaction with fellow believers who have a deep, deep yearning for knowing, worshiping, and glorifying God. I came uncorked. 

There were six families there. I knew only two of the families before we gathered. By the time we left, I felt a kindred spirit with many of them. We all did a lot of talking... and a lot of listening. As one of the moms said, it was so good to be with people who "got it" when she talked about her innermost desires, her fears, her aspirations toward holy living. Yes, we all "got it."

We were being ministers of grace to one another, helping each other see God's hand in our struggles and His light on our paths. Reminding one another that it's Jesus who makes all the difference.

Hoping to gather with them again. And thankful for others in my life who point me Godward.

Keep looking upward, dear one. And be a godly friend--pointing others there, too.


Painting ~ Julia on the Terrace 1909, Daniel Ridgway Knight 1839-1924
Wiki Commons public domain
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...